- This component is designed for applications that work with a single file or a network stream.
For playlists, please see MPlaylist.
Decoder lib is required to enable playback of multiple file containers and codecs.
- Seamless file switching: start playback of a new file without any delay.
- Reverse playback.
- Variable speed playback.
- Decoding in separate process: makes sure your app's performance is not affected by a corrupt file.
- On the fly configuration: aspect ratio, interlacing, audio/video format, audio track.
- Trimming (define in/out points).
- Play while recording: https://www.medialooks.com/mplatform/decoders/play files that are https://www.medialooks.com/mplatform/encoders/still being written to (Encoder lib).
- Playback of image sequences.
- Playback loop.
- Timecode support and playback control by the timecode.
- Closed captions support.
- Cropping and flip.
- Expanded audio control properties (e.g. separate audio channels into audio tracks).
- Audio in a waveform.
- Accurate seeking and positioning within a single file.
- Support of IMPlugins interface that allows to insert CG object or third-party filters as plug-ins.