Encoder lib is an FFmpeg-based add-on for MPlatform that makes the following possible:
- encoding to DV, MPEG-2, H.264* and other formats
- compressing to .MXF, .MOV, .MP4 and other file formats
- streaming out via HTTP, RTMP, RTSP, and UDP network protocols
The full list of supported formats and containers is posted below.
Multiple formats - one package
- As with Decoder Lib, all supported formats are packed into a single component, which can be interfaced via MPlatform's simple set of programming methods.
- No third-party encoders or muxers will be required in the majority of use cases.
- No interference from other codecs installed on the system.
Ready for live broadcast
- Designed for 24/7 crash-free performance: the encoding process is independent of the main application.
- Stability is tested via extreme automated testing procedures.
Advanced file writing features
- Seamless switching between files when recording (based on time or event).
- Playback-while-recording or growing files playback (requires Decoder Lib). Playback will work even if recording was stopped for a technical reason (i.e. power failure).
- Support for writing files with multiple audio tracks (i.e. multi-language MXF or GXF).
- Timecode writing to MOV, MXF, and GXF files.
(*) Additional licensing fees may apply for H.264 encoding. Please, click here for more information.