The Chroma Key toolkit can be used together with C#, VB.NET, Delphi and C++.
If you are into DirectShow, we also recommend the Video Mixer DirectShow filter.
We use several two-layered ellipsoids floating in the RGB, YUV or HLS colorspace cube to isolate color regions to be removed (made transparent) in the image. Transparency between the two ellipsoids changes in a linear way from fully transparent to non-transparent. This is required for proper processing of objects like glass, glass reflections, shadows, sheets of water and other transparent and semi-transparent objects.
We claim that our technology offers the best quality among PC-based solutions capable of performing in real-time.
- Advanced anti-spill correction algorithm: for quality color processing on image edges.
- Several color ranges to process complex backgrounds.3D keying algorithm based on a 2-layered elipsoid for precise transparent area selection.
- Semi-transparent areas implemented via transparency gradient.
- Smooth borders.
- Separate handling of fields (for interlaced video support).
- Advanced spill suppression (color cancellation) algorithm.
- Multiple color keys with separate color, transparency and spill suppression parameters.
- Support for RGB, YUV and HLS color spaces.
DirectShow filter features & specs
- Separate pin for mask output (to enable external keying).
- Separate pin for preview (video keyed over selectable background) to simplify tuning.
- Property page with controls to configure chroma key settings by interacting with a video frame from the source video.
- YUV or RGB image or video.
- ARGB image or video.
- Keying mask (black&white).
- Preview (video keyed over selectable background).
What is chroma keying?
Chroma keying is a technology used in motion picture, television and photographic applications to remove solid-colored backgrounds (usually green or blue) and replace them with transparency to enable background replacement. This technology is sometimes referred to as color keying, colour-separation overlay, greenscreen or bluescreen.
We offer Single Developer and Team licenses for this product (see our Licensing FAQ for more information):