Medialooks Character Generator (CG) is a powerful engine for static or animated overlay of text and graphics over a video stream. This product targets multimedia application developers and broadcast professionals.
Now, it is possible to use video files as overlay items!
This technology is available in three options:
- As a built-in feature of MPlatform, our specialized SDK for broadcast software developers. Now, with a visual CG editor!
- As an add-on for MFormats SDK.
- Separately, as a DirectShow filter (for DirectShow developers).
- Use as MPlatform plugin that can be added to any object in order to overlay the output stream with text or graphics.
- Develop your own use case by directly programming the CG COM object from your application.
- Add to DirectShow Graph in order to overlay the stream with text or graphics.
- Generic interface for text, graphics, image and Flash overlay items. (Flash Overlay plugin required to work with Flash items.) [Generic set of methods to control all item types]
- XML-based configuration.
- Built-in support for news tickers (including crawls and rolls) with automatic file tracking.
- Automatic file tracking for ticker content.
- Support for item groups & compositions.
- Compositions support for easier overlay design management, smooth transitions between compositions.
- Smooth change of item size, position, transparency, background or view area.
- Item movement, acceleration, fade in/fade out and entrance/exit effects, configurable animation sequences.
- Unlimited number of text, image or graphics items to overlay.
- Smooth item edges for better display on low-resolution devices.
- Scaling or cropping of input video to squeeze into an overlay scene.
- Events and callback support (on each frame, on the end of a clip, on the end of a transition, on Flash callback).
- Special text items for time & date, time code, and frame number overlays.
- Change item properties (text, font, size, color, etc.) during playback.
- Scaling without quality loss (for all available item types except for raster images).
- Several scaling modes with automatic adjustment to the input video's aspect ratio.
- Textures support for text or graphics fill, outline, and background.
- Item references to save resources and simplify management/control.
- Interlaced video support (for smooth transitions, movements, etc.).
- Overlay custom dynamic images (such as 3D animations).
- Grouping of items for complex overlay designs.
- Z-order setting for the video stream.
- Acceleration during a change of item position.
- Smooth fade-in/fade out of moving items (such as crawls and rolls) via custom view-area masks.
- Various effects: Blur, Glow, Motion Blur, etc.
- Various animated effects on item movement and entrance/exit.
Text overlay features
- High-quality vector-based text generation algorithm.
- Scaling of text without quality loss.
- Outlined text support.
- Word-break, vertical, tab-stop, uppercase, lowercase and other flags.
- Various text scaling modes (word-break, maintain aspect ratio, exact fit, scale to fit in a rect, scaling or item size change upon text update).
- Subtitles support (.SRT files).
- Text effects: Shadow, Glow, Motion Blur, Rotation, etc.
- Gradient fill for text, outline and background (with transparency).
- HTML support to enable rich text formatting or images within a single text item.
Graphics overlay features
- Supported figures: rects, round rects, ellipses, polygons, stars, etc.
- Gradient fill, outline, and background.
Image overlay features
- Supported file formats: BMP (with alpha), JPEG, TGA (with alpha), GIF (animated, with alpha), TIFF, WMF, EXIF and PNG (with alpha).
- Support for image sequences.
- Resizing of images during playback.
Supported development environments
This technology is available to developers in C#, VB6, VB.NET, and Delphi. No DirectShow expertise is necessary.
Before clicking any of the purchase links, please read through our License Agreement
We offer Single Developer and Team licenses for this product (see our Licensing FAQ for more information):