What Is Royalty-Free Pricing?
This article explains the term "royalty-free" when applied to MediaLooks product licenses.
When we claim that our product is "royalty-free", it only means that there are no royalties due to MediaLooks. However, some of our products may be subject to royalties or other licensing fees to third parties (technology patent holders). The applicability of the licensing requirements may be defined by the following parameters:
- Your country of residence or area where you do business.
- Annual distribution volume of your application.
- Source of enumeration (the way your product generates revenue).
MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and H.264/AVC Video Decoders and Encoders
The patent pool for these technologies is managed by MPEG LA.
- AAC format licensing is handled by Via Licensing.
- AC-3 format licensing is handled by Dolby Laboratories.