Our QuickTime Source is a DirectShow filter that allows developers to play Apple QuickTime media (.MOV, .AMR, .MP4, etc.) via the native QuickTime runtime. The filter requires QuickTime Player (7.0 or higher) to be available on the computer. You can download it free of charge from Apple's web site.
Since the native QuickTime runtime code is used for playback, there is no degradation of quality compared to the original QuickTime player.
QuickTime Source can be used transparently with any development environment (such as Visual C++, .NET (C#, Visual Basic), VB6, Delphi or C++Builder) - direct use of DirectShow is not required.
- Add QuickTime media support to your DirectShow player application.
- Convert .MOV files to other formats.
- Extract thumbnails from QuickTime movies.
- File containers: .MOV, .AMR, .M4V, .MP3, .3GP, etc.
- Video compression formats: H.261, H.263, H.264, MPEG-4, DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO HD, etc.
- Audio compression formats: AAC, AMR, etc.
- Playback all file and data formats supported by the current version of QuickTime Player.
- Allows export of QuickTime movies into various file formats including 3GPP, 3GPP2, MPEG-4, etc. (requires QuickTime Pro).
- Supports streaming (progressive download) over HTTP and HTTPS.
- Real-time playback of HD H.264 movies.
- Multichannel audio support.
- Alpha-channel output support.
- Supports compressed raw output for different mediatypes (e.g. DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, MPEG-4, AVC/H.264, MPEG-2/MPEG-2 IMX 30/40/50).
- Allows to read time codes.
- Supports edited movies.
- Frame-accurate seeking.
We offer Single Developer and Team licenses for this product (see our Licensing FAQ for more information):
- [Purchase a Single Developer license]
- [Purchase a Team license]