H.264/AVC Video Encoder
H.264/AVC DirectShow video encoder.
H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC (Advanced Video Coding) is the latest motion compensation-based video compression technology available today. At only half the bandwidth of MPEG-2, H.264 provides better video quality due to a deblocking filter that helps smooth the sharp edges between macroblocks. Because of this, H.264 is especially suited for HD video.
H.264 is used in:
- HDTV broadcasting
- Digital Cinema
- CCTV (Close Circuit TV) and Video Surveillance
- Web players and YouTube-like video sharing sites
- Blue-ray optical discs
- Plain & simple licensing sheme: lifetime license, no royalties.
- Industry-tested quality.
- Professional support.
- Supports Baseline profile (BP), Main profile (MP), Extended profile (XP) and High profile (HiP).
- Multicore/Hyper Threading support.
- MMX/SSE/SSE2/SSE3 ASM optimization.
- I, P and B slices.
- AVC-Intra support.
- AVC1 file and byte stream formats support.
- Field or frame pictures.
- Color space convertions (YUY2, UYVY, YVYU, ARGB32, RGB32, RGB24, RGB565, RGB555, YV12, I420).
- ITU-T H.264
- ISO/IEC 14496-10 – MPEG-4 Part 10, Advanced Video Coding